Sunday, March 04, 2018

TRUMP SPARES NO ONE: 10 Best Lines from the Gridiron Dinner

While there was -- seemingly -- no video or audio recordings from the annual dinner celebrating the White House and the media, Samantha Chang and others on Twitter relayed some of the best lines. Here are my top 10:

10. Trump apologized for being late, noting that it was because his son-in-law “Jared couldn’t get through security."
9. On North Korea: “I won’t rule out direct talks with Kim Jong Un, I just won’t. As far as the risk of dealing with a madman is concerned, that’s his problem not mine.”
8. On ego: “Nobody does self-deprecating humor better than I do. It’s not even close!”
7. “I was very excited to receive this invitation and ruin your evening in person. That’s why I accepted.”
6. “So many people have been leaving the White House. It’s invigorating since you want turnover. I like chaos. It really is good. Who’s going to be the next to leave? Steve Miller or Melania?”
5. “It’s been a very tough year for CNN. They’ve lost a tremendous amount of credibility this year and your best reporter, Steve Bannon. That guy leaked more than the Titanic!”
4 On The New York Times: “I’m a New York icon. You’re a New York icon. The only difference is, I still own my buildings.”
3. Trump on Jeff Sessions, who made a surprise appearance at the Gridiron Dinner: “I offered him a ride over and he recused himself.”
2. Trump said Vice President Mike Pence is patiently waiting for his impeachment so he could step into the top job. “I really am very proud to call him The Apprentice,” Trump gushed. “But lately, Mike’s showing a particularly keen interest in the news. He is asking, 'Has he been impeached yet?' I don’t like that."
1. “In one job I had to manage a cutthroat cast of characters desperate for TV time, totally unprepared for their roles and their jobs, and each week afraid of having their asses fired. And the other job, I was the host of a smash television hit.”

Bonus: “This is one of the best times I’ve had with the media. This might be the most fun I’ve had since watching your faces on election night!”

Hat tip: BadBlue Uncensored News.

3 comments:

Dr. Miles Tadman said...

And still Mueller continues to kick the can down the road to 2018. Man we suck.

Doom said...

Yeah, he's got it. The bonus was at least in my top 3 if the top 3 are a tie.

Leslie said...

Comedy gold.