Thursday, December 01, 2005

Let that be a warning to you Flash web designers


I've been inundated with requests here at DR@J World Headquarters that usually go something like this: "Why doesn't Drudge Report link to me?" Well, let this be a lesson for you budding web designers. Matt Drudge likes spartan sites:

"For the wire stories, I've always looked for places with low graphics, without a lot of spinning Java tops on them," Drudge said, referring to the programming language that powers many animated banner ads that can sometimes slow the process of downloading a Web page. "When I send my readers someplace, I want it to be convenient for them to get there."


In the words of the immortal Frank Zappa, "Keep it texty so it go down easy," which I would take to mean keep your pages lightweight.

No comments: